The church was started by members of the Calvary Church in Hamilton who believed God would have them start a church in the Fairfield community. It had a mushroom development. From the time it was organized on July 20, 1959, until the charter membership was closed on August 31, the same year, they had fifty-two members. Rev. and Mrs. Paul Grabill had been called to pastor and a full complement of officers had been appointed. The church officially became affiliated with the Missionary Church Association on September 25, 1959. The first service was held in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Mack Reed and the group met later in the UAW Union Hall, Fairfield Central Elementary School, Hayes Elementary School and the Hillcrest Recreation Center. The organization bought three acres of ground at 5650 Winton Road in October, 1959. A ground breaking service was conducted on November 1 and construction began. The building houses the main sanctuary, basement auditorium, eight class rooms, nursery, pastor’s study, and a six-room parsonage small apartment with bath. The main sanctuary is thirty-two feet by sixty-four feet and the educational wing is twenty-four feet by forty-eight feet. The first public service was held in this building on July 23, 1960. The corner stone laying ceremony was conducted on September 25, 1960, and the dedication service was held on June 10, 1962. At the close of 1961 the total amount of investment was $47,178.00 and the insurance appraisal value was $85,000.00. Special events include a very outstanding revival with the Sutara Twins in 1961. The Harvest Home Service is an annual affair in October which is always good and everyone enjoys the fellowship. Several families have experienced healing and salvation in a manner that has brought splendid attention to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
In 2005, Richard Sterwerf became the pastor and in 2006, the name was changed from Fairfield Missionary Church to Fairfield Community Church. This was decided because of the change of general perception regarding the connotation of "missionary" in modern society.